2Performant is well-known in the affiliate marketing area, but I was attracted more than two weeks ago when they launched the Influencer Marketing section. In a nutshell, influence can be taken into account in campaigns launched by brands or agencies by creating a profile with a description, rate card, Facebook account, blog, Youtube or Instagram, and brands and agencies can feed their account, choose influence with whom they want to work and launch promotion campaigns directly from the platform. Practically 2Performant wants to eliminate the research side, the talks, the campaign requirements, sending the brief, checking the results, contracts, and payments, against a commission.
Is there a place for such a platform on the market, when influence agencies appear and disappear on tape? Initially, I wanted to say that, in fact, there are already specialized agencies on this, some even appeared in the autumn, and many PR or social media agencies have ties established with most influences and seniority in the field.
However, I also made my influence account to increase my ego and see if the 2Performant would come up with something extra, and I realized that there are uncovered areas where their platform can be useful, more precisely small and medium-sized brands that do not have the budget to work with major PR agencies but would like to see if they deserve to campaign with bloggers, vloggers, Instagrammers, and Facebook stars. And a chance for less known influences.
In addition, there are agencies that do not have dedicated social media departments, but they want to help their clients, and from this, there can be some interesting collaborations. Not to mention that in 2Performant is the option to call a specialist in influencing campaigns, you choose from there people or agencies with experience. I hope there will be more specialists.
Returning to the phase with small brands and agencies that do not have time to do marketing influence – for example at the agency, we focused more on building online stores with Woocommerce, maintenance, optimization and promotion services, copywriting, content marketing, PPC, social media, but we have avoided this area of marketing influence, first of all, because you have to always be up to date with everything that moves on each niche to recommend to each customer some ok influents and secondly because bureaucracy kills you , we make a contract with the customer, we cut off an invoice every month, but if you have a campaign with 10 influences, that means 10 contracts, 10 invoices, a lot of exchanged emails, basically a man dealing only with that. And we do not have it, and I do not think it makes sense to go to this area.
This could be useful 2Performant. And there is another thing that Dorin pointed out in Alex’s article about 2Performant, in 2018 much of the interaction between influences and agencies or brands is still offline, at various events, even if we all burn it social media. That’s why if you stay in Bucharest and you are influential, you have more chances to get branded campaigns (and I do not refer to shirts). Not because X or Y has something with bloggers or vloggers in other cities and discriminates against them, but because it’s easier to work with the people you know personally, and the ties are tighter in the capital.
2Performant could break a bit out of the market if he transforms this section of marketing influence into a slightly more interactive area, where brands, agencies, and influences can get to know a little bit. Stay calm, I do not think of a private social network like Instagram password hack, but the ability to give ratings, send and receive fast messages, receive and give feedback to the campaigns you were involved in, see a top with the most appreciated brands by influencers, or the most recommended influences from their campaigns. I already went away, but here I think it would be their chance, in addition to the reduction in bureaucracy.
Do not be afraid of prices, they are indicative, the final tariffs are negotiated directly between the influences and the agency or brand.
What are the advantages of the 2Performant marketing impact section for end-customers, brands or agencies?
- Reduce your time by discussing the influences and logistics to start the campaign.
- Get rid of multiple contracts, invoices, you basically have a contract and a monthly invoice from 2Performant.
- You can discover new influences that may not have been on your radar, or if you do not have a relationship with the field, you can use the services of a platform specialist to start a campaign.
- You may go cheaper than calling a dedicated agency, but here I think you need the services of a consultant, a specialist in the field if you do not know the influence at all, what to ask, how do you measure the effectiveness of the campaign.
What are the benefits of the 2Performance for Influencing Marketing Section:
- Your money comes in time. If you work online, you know that the payment terms for contracts often go in 60-90 days, which is even crappy for influencers, especially if you only live in collaborations with brands. From what I understand the impact of the platform will be paid as soon as the customer agrees to publish the content, and the brands or agencies feed the 2Performant account before they can start their campaigns under Prepay. Here I do not know how many big brands will be willing to put money in advance. I’d love to be like that. I’ll let you know when the money comes in the first campaign.
- You can get to work with brands that may not be in your area, for example, most major brands are campaigning with the same influences, here’s a chance for smaller influences to get noticed, especially since it is still being discussed about this trend of campaigning with micro or nano influencers. Okay, the condition is to bring 2Performant more brands into the platform.
- You can supplement your revenue by linking to brands or agencies that you do not reach through other channels if 2Performant pushes the platform where you need it. There is no such thing as a lack of communication in Bucharest, but in the province I have often seen campaigns made with bad influence on cardboard, although they would have been much better people, willing to work with those brands, and the problem was usually that the brand or agency did not have enough information about local influences that would fit the campaign.
We’ve noticed a few things that can be improved now to ease communication between brands and influences:
- First I further optimize the display of the mobile platform, half the people come from mobile in general, for example when sending a message button was sent is deleted in color, I have to catch that was sent the message. It was simpler to change the color of the button so I can see that something happened.
- After I send the message, I would like to have a visible link on my mobile Back to Inbox, I did not get the first icon on which icon to tap on to return to the conversation, or if I could join Inbox with Outbox messages to be easier to navigate in the chat story. The messaging should work as a chat, not as a classic Inbox.
- It would also not hurt a link-editing feature sent for approval for completed campaigns, at least 1 minute after you sent the message, I went into a test campaign. but I accidentally sent another link and could not edit.
- Also in the message writing area would not hurt a visual editor when composing messages – at least with the option of attaching images, bold text, inserting links in the text.
In the long run, if it works with influences and brands, it would help some ratings for both agents and agents or brands. – We worked with Gigel, 5 stars, his vlog sent us 10,000 new customers, or I worked with the Y brand, sent a detailed brief, paid fast, I recommend. This thing seems very important to me because it would only bring forward the serious brands/agencies and the influence they even deliver.
Let’s go with the campaigns. How do you think it would be the platform for influences from 2Performant, would you use it?